Friday, December 8, 2023

Does God…

 Recently the thought hit me…


Does God care about me when I’m tired? As a busy wife and mom this could really probably be rephrased to say, “Does God care about me PERIOD.” *sarcasm* For laughs 😝🤪😂  I’m not much of the sarcastic type though, so there is definitively some truth mixed in there because truthfully, 

I

Am

Tired

A lot! 


Something I believe in the core of my being is that it is not only “okay” to ask questions of God, but it is actually the BEST way to grow and understand and know Him more. I grew up learning from my Grandmother modeling a close friendship with the Holy Spirit. She was one who would say things like, “I lost my glasses. So, I asked the Holy Spirit to show me where they were and He told me, ‘Mary Jane go check the drawer by your bed.’ And sure enough there they were-praise God!” Intimacy with the Holy Spirit is built and wrought often through seasons of deep need, seasons of great uncertainty, of fears, doubts, insecurities, and well the word need truly summed it up best. It is in my longing and my need when His presence has been the truest treasure life could ever offer. And I’ve been afforded some of life’s best treasures quite honestly. Marriage. Children. A home. A career. Education. Etc. But the truest treasure of all is His presence. His presence is always there yet there are seasons just like those around us when the Sun, though still shining brightly as ever, now feels ever lacking heat. In those seasons-be patient. Seasons always change! And in those winter seasons I think is when it’s especially valuable to continue leaning in close to Him and be inquisitive. 

Long story short, ask Him the questions! Even if they feel

Silly

Strange

Or something else.


As I asked the Lord, “Do you care about me when I’m tired?” I felt His tender loving nudge reminding me through a question right back to me.

“Do you care about your child when they are tired?” 

The answer to that question, as I’m feeling compassion, tender loving care, extra helpful toward my son while he battled the morning drudgery of school prep… was a resounding AHA—YES! 

I could see immediately how deeply my sinful broken heart CARED for my tired child and I instantly felt Gods loving embrace wrapping around me to say, “Child, I CARE!” 

I knew in my head He cared. But I needed to know in my emotional self of His tender mercies anew. 

”Surround me with your tender mercies so I may live, for your instructions are my delight.“

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭119‬:‭77‬ ‭NLT‬‬

”The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning.“

‭‭Lamentations‬ ‭3‬:‭22‬-23 ‭NLT‬‬ 

I love this thought about His mercies on me beginning afresh each morning because I can so easily feel I’ve run those mercies out yesterday and He probably needs (regarding me) to start afresh. He knows I have so much continued growth and pruning yet needed in my life. Yet He bears with me and stands open armed toward me each morning with all my tiredness, fatigue and need and He says, “Do you need a hug and help getting lunch together? I’m here for you, let me help!” 


He CARES about me when I’m tired. Yes. And He cares about you too in whatever need you’ve got, bring it to Him and know His mercies are new every day! 

Blessings, 


Abi 















No comments:

Post a Comment